2020 Hyundai Sonata Safety Ratings
Finding a sedan for your Reno commute that offers exceptional safety ratings and a suite of standard safety features that will keep an eye out for unexpected dangers can be hard to find in Sparks, but the 2020 Hyundai Sonata has all that and more with an affordable price tag. Beginning at just $23,600 MSRP, the Hyundai Sonata comes in four configurations and has the amazing Hyundai SmartSense® safety system. Read more about the Hyundai Sonata safety ratings with Lithia Hyundai of Reno, then contact us to schedule a test drive.
2020 Hyundai Sonata Safety Rating
Drivers in Reno will be thrilled to learn that the 2020 Hyundai Sonata is a top safety pick with the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). This is – in part – due to the amazing number of safety features offered in the Sonata, even at the standard SE trim level. The 2020 Sonata received a “Good” (the highest) rating for crashworthiness, surpassing its competition. Additionally, it received “Superior” ratings in vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian front crash prevention. Headlight scores also received a “Good” rating for their auto on-and-off feature and the automatic high-beam assist feature. The Hyundai safety ratings for the 2020 Sonata are a tribute to its ability to keep you and your passengers safe, no matter where the road takes you.
2020 Hyundai Sonata Safety Features
When you purchase a Hyundai vehicle with the Hyundai SmartSense® system, you’re stepping into the future of safety technology. Innovative driver assist systems help Fernley drivers keep an extra set of eyes on the road for any potential dangers. Systems like Blind-Spot monitoring and Highway Drive Assist watch for vehicles or other objects out of the drivers vision. Read more about the safety features offered in the 2020 Hyundai Sonata below:
- Remote Smart Parking Assist: Trying to get into a difficult spot? Let your Sonata park itself while you relax with a sip of coffee. Pull into or out of a parking spot with a click on your Smart Key button.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection: This system alerts you with visual and audible signals if a vehicle or a pedestrian is in your vehicle’s path. If you continue to approach the vehicle or pedestrian too rapidly, the system will automatically apply the brakes.
- Lane Following Assist: Sensors in the windshield detect lane markings and use the system to keep your Sonata within its intended lane. If your Sonata begins to drift out of it’s lane without signalling, the system will alert you. If no action is taken the system will attempt to correct your vehicle’s path.
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist: The system monitors your blind spot and alerts you to any objects or vehicles that you may be unable to see. If your turn signal is on and you attempt to change lanes with the warning signal on, the system will lightly apply the brakes and correct your path to avoid an accident.
- Rear-Cross Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist: While in reverse, this system looks for objects or vehicles that you may be unable to see. If a vehicle approaches while you are reversing, the system will alert you and apply the brakes to avoid a collision.
These are just some of the amazing safety features offered by the Hyundai SmartSense® safety system. Read about all the Hyundai safety features at the official Hyundai website.
Purchase a New or Pre-Owned Hyundai Sonata at Lithia Hyundai of Reno!
Now that you know more about the Hyundai safety ratings for its 2020 model, are you ready to experience the Hyundai Sonata in person? Visit us near Carson City to browse our Sonata inventory and go for a test drive! When you’re ready to buy, contact our finance center and we’ll help you apply for financing and show you our new vehicle specials so you can get the Sonata you want at a discount!